shutterstock_6452764-min (Medium)

8. Student Visas

One of the main processes after your admission is the student visa application for your destination country. With our certified and experienced counselors, we take ultimate care in applying for your visa with accurate documents and preparing you for the visa interview if required by the relevant embassies or consulates.

The key integrity measure the Department of Immigration of any country makes in granting a student visa is whether the applicant is a genuine temporary student. That is, are they coming to the country for genuine study purposes and have a realistic prospect of returning home once their studies have finished. The immigration department takes a balanced approach and will weigh up all the factors before making a decision.

A student may be required to undergo health examinations as part of the visa application process. There are specific requirements for arranging a health examination. An online system processes health examinations results electronically and these are forwarded to the relevant immigration department for assessment. If you do require a medical examination, we provide you with the details and fully assist you through the health examination process.

The following information is regarding the visa categories and processes of some countries.

Australian Visas:

All visa applications by international students and education agents are processed online by creating an account.

1) Student Visa (Subclass 500)

All of the following types of study are included on this visa.

  • Independent ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students)
  • Schools (primary and secondary)
  • Secondary school exchange program
  • Vocational education and training (VET)
  • Higher education
  • Postgraduate research
  • Non-award courses
  • International students sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs or Defence.

2) Visitor Visa (Subclasses 600, 601, 651)

  • Maximum 3 months study.
  • Intention to visit Australia is genuine.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Sufficient money to support yourself during stay in Australia.

3) Student Guardian (Subclass 590)

  • Provides for certain persons to reside with a student in Australia, where the student requires a guardian, ie: the student is under 18 years of age.
  • Study up to 3 months or study ELICOS for 20 hours per week for duration of visa.
  • Meet Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
  • Sufficient funds for airfares and living costs.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Acceptable health insurance.

4) Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485)

  • This visa allows eligible international students who have completed an Australian education to stay in Australia to gain work experience.
  • You can work in Australia for a period of 18 months and up to 4 years, depending on your qualification.
  • This visa does not restrict the type of work you may do or the number of hours you may work.
  • Applications for this visa must be made in Australia and you must hold an eligible student visa in the last 6 months.
  • You must meet Australian study, English proficiency, health insurance, health and character requirements.
  • You must meet the specific requirements of the stream in which you are applying for this visa.

Visa options and requirements are sometimes subject to change. In order to stay up to date, the best place to get accurate information is on the Department of Home Affairs website. The website provides comprehensive information on the types of visas available for different levels of study in Australia, including people considering bring family members with them (whether guardians, partners/spouses or children). You will also have access to help and advice about your specific visa requirements.

Another option is to contact us as we can help with your visa application, course application, and answer any other questions.

US Visas:

1) F-1 Visa: Academic Studies

  • An F1 Visa is the most common type of nonimmigrant student visa. F-1 visas are issued to students or researchers who wish to study or conduct research at an accredited US college, university, high school, private elementary school, approved English language school, or other approved academic institutions. Students issued an F-1 visa are expected to complete their studies in the nominated time.
  • In order to be qualified for an F-1 visa, students must be accepted by a recognized school, college, or university as a full time student and have proof of sufficient financial support during their stay in the USAn F-1 student can stay in the US as long as he/she is enrolled in a school, college, university, seminary, conservatory, or other academic institution.
  • F-1 visa applicants must obtain an I-20 form from their college or university in order to apply. F-1 visas are only issued in US embassies and consulates outside the US.
  • Excluding any training required by a course, F-1 visa holders cannot work in the United States. F-1 students are only eligible to work part-time on campus for up to 20 hours per week.

2) J-1 Visa: Academic Studies as an Exchange Visitor

  • A J1 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa for individuals who will be participating in a work and study based exchange visitor program that promotes cultural exchange in the US, especially for medical or business training.
  • To qualify for a J-1 visa, the participant must be proficient in the English language and have appropriate medical insurance. All applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and be sponsored by the government or a private sector program. They must have a proof of funds to cover their expenses in the US and be able to show plans to remain in the US for a specific period, including their return to their home country.
  • The participant will receive a DS-2019 form from his/her sponsoring organization or US government agency, which is necessary to apply for a J-1 visa.

3) M-1 Visa: Non-Academic or Vocational Studies

  • An M-1 visa is a non-immigrant student visa for individuals who want to pursue a full course of study at a non-academic institution or vocational school in the US.
  • To qualify for an M-1 visa, applicants must be accepted by a vocational institution approved by the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS). Applicants must be sufficiently fluent in English, have sufficient funds, have a permanent residence in their home country, and intend to leave the US upon completion of the course of study.
  • M-1 students may stay in the US for a fixed time period but may not stay more than one year unless they are granted an extension for medical reasons.
  • M-1 visa holders may stay for the length of their training program and optional practical training plus a 30-day grace period at the end of their training.
  • Applicants must present a signed I-20 form at a US embassy or consulate in their home country, issued by a designated school official. M-1 visa holders are not allowed to work on or off campus during the course of their studies.

To learn about applying for a student visa, read about the Student Visa Application Process.

Malaysian Visas:

Once you are admitted to a Malaysian institution, the institution applies for your Student Pass which takes about 21 days. The institution then forwards it to you so that you can apply for a student visa at the Malaysian Consulate. The student visa application requires the following documents:

  • One copy of Covering Letter (Individual or Institution - typed written).
  • One Visa Application Forms.
  • Two recent photographs of applicant (passport size/white background).
  • Original & photocopy of National ID (A4 size).
  • Original passport & photocopy of passport (A4 size) validity of passport must be more than 6 (six) months during time of travel.
  • Original & photocopies of confirmed airline tickets .
  • Original copy of Bank statement/s for the last six (6) months (minimum Rs. 100,000) sufficient funds to cover expenses of individual or group travel (must be verified/certified by the issuing bank).
  • Invitation letter from Malaysian sponsor is required for business visit or attending conference.
  • Confirmed return airlines ticket for the propose travel.
  • Original & photocopy of offer letter from university or college.
  • Original & photocopy of offer letter from university or college.
  • Original & photocopy of approval letter from Immigration Department, Malaysia.
  • Affidavit of support letter from sponsor & copy of sponsor CNIC.
  • Original copy of sponsor's bank statement - verified by the issuing bank (sufficient funds to cover student's expenses).

Client's charter for processing visa application is not more than 7 (seven) working days after submission at the Consulate General of Malaysia in Karachi by the appointed Visa Drop Box Agents of the Consulate.

UK Visas:

1) Tier 4 (General) Student Visas

If you are 16 or over and want to study at higher education level, you’ll need to apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa.

You need to wait until you have an offer from a university or college before applying for your Tier 4 (General) student visa. Your university or college will then be able to give you a document called a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS). To do this, your chosen institution needs to be approved by the UK government as a ‘licenced Tier 4 sponsor’.

You can apply for this if you are 16 or over and:

  • You have been offered a place on a course.
  • You can understand English, including reading, writing and speaking.
  • You can prove you have enough money to pay your course fees and support yourself for the duration of your studies.

In order to meet the above requirements you must provide supporting documentation. This documentation will include:

  • A current passport.
  • Proof of your funds such as bank statements.

Depending on your circumstances and your country of origin you may need to provide additional supporting documents.

  • These may include medical test results or other proof of your funding.
  • To prove your understanding of the English language you will need to pass an English language test.
  • If you are under 18 you will need to provide contact details of a parent or guardian.

You can apply for a visa 3 months before your course starts and you should get a decision within 3 weeks. It costs £335 to apply for the visa and you must pay an additional £335 per person for any dependants.
You can arrive in the UK up to 1 month before your course starts if the course lasts more than 6 months. On a Tier 4 (General) Visa you can work most jobs and also apply to extend your stay. You may also be able to bring family members.
You will have to apply from outside the UK and you can do this online. If you are extending your visa or switching visa then you may be able to apply from within the UK.

2) Short-Term Study Visas

Short term study visas are available to students who want to join courses that are up to six months long or English language courses up to 11 months long.

In order to qualify for a short-term study visa you must prove:

  • you have been accepted on a course in the UK at a recognised place of study.
  • you have enough money to cover the costs of your study and to cover your living costs for the duration of your studies.
  • you can pay for your return journey.

The documentation you will require to meet the above requirements are as follows:

  • a current passport.
  • bank statements or payslips.
  • details of your travel plans and where you intend to stay.
  • a letter of acceptance from the place you plan to study, on header paper, stating the name of the course, the duration and the cost.
  • you may also be required to show medical test results depending on the country you’re from.

If you are under 18 you will also require prior arrangements for you travel and stay in the UK and have permission from a parent or guardian. You will also have to provide the contact details of a parent or guardian.
The short term study visa costs £93 for a 6 month visa and £179 for the 11 month option. On a short term study visa you cannot work, bring family members or extend the visa.

Scroll to Top